Thursday 30 August 2012

Student blog – Visit to Torquay Museum

Last Thursday took place a new student meeting. In that case it was a cultural meeting. We visited the Torquay Museum!

Several days ago, when I knew where would be the meeting, I had looked for some information about the exhibitions to share it with other students throw Facebook. So, when Thursday arrived, all students gathered with TTPL staff at the entrance after the lunch to undertake that adventure together.
 

I remember that we had to enter in small groups and divide us into different rooms. The first that we found inside was a room dedicated to Sci-Fi movies, where we could see the costumes and props of some of the famous characters of Alien, Matrix, Star Wars, Terminator, Star Treck, Dr Who, I Robot, Fifth Element, V, Battlestar Galactia, Red Planet and Planet of the Apes. At the same time, other students and I had the possibility to take a photo with Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers or R2D2 and Darth Maul for instance.

Going on with our way, we arrived at Agatha Christie’s room where there were the original covers of the books which were drawn by Tom Adams. It was really interesting to be able to see with my own eyes those paintings which accompanied me lots of nights before felling sleep.

Then we could contemplate the oldest anatomically modern human fossil in north-western Europe and other samples which were found in Kent’s Cavern, one of the most important archaeological sites in Europe.

Eventually, we crossed a room which contained some discoveries about Egyptians like the coffin of the son of a king or more interesting findings that I just saw in the movies. All of that was incredible!

I really enjoyed the visit very much. It was a nice time as for the things that I saw as for people who were with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment