Thursday 26 June 2014

Paola...an Italian in Torbay.


Hey, my name is Paola I’m 18 and I come from Italy.
When I arrived in England the first thing that I thought was: “ the weather is very terrible, I can’t survive here for a month”!
Fortunately the weather and the temperature became better and I started to get used to the English clime.
In the starting days I attended school and after I worked for 3 weeks.
My work placement was in The Training Partnership Ltd in Torquay; here people are very helpful, friendly and funny especially Nadine and Sam! I worked in marketing sector with Lorenzo, he was very kind and available to repeat and explain me when I didn’t understand. I liked this work placement and I knew the office job and clime!
In the free time me and my Italian group visited lots of cities like Bristol, Plymouth, Exeter and Cockington Village. We went to the sea and stayed there all day, it was very relaxing ;) I went to pub of Torquay like Mambo and others, but I went shopping because here there are many good shops.
Every Thursday the TTPL organize a meeting for all students, every time in a different place, we went to the water park or bowling for example,  it was very amusing and a way to know new people from different countries.
My host family was perfect and like me upon I arriving. My host parents were funny and spoke a lot with me and my friend, the house was beautiful and the food was very good because my host mother likes cooking!!                                        The English people think outside of the box and have an open mind, here there aren’t prejudices and everyone is free wear the clothes he likes without feeling ashamed… I love this!
I hope to come back here in the future and call in to see my host family!


Paola 

No comments:

Post a Comment