Wednesday 1 April 2015

MY FIRST WEEK

Our student Laura has been with us for a week and has written a short blog for us...

Last Monday I traveled with my friends Elena, Laura and my teacher Estefania. It's my first time that I travel to another country and I was very nervous. Estefania went back last Thursday to Spain. 

When I arrived Torquay I felt very surprised because everything’s different compared to my country Spain. The cars driving for right, the people wear different clothes, the majority read meals in the supermarket and weather is normally cloud and rain.

After a week here I see the country has positive things, the people are very well-behaved and polite with everyone. I'm getting used to the weather. I normally eat chicken, salads and cheese sandwich.

I live with Laura, Helena and Jenny (German girl). I love my house in Torquay because it’s a typical England house! I get along very well with my flatmate Jenny, she is really nice with me.

When I arrived at TTPL (Training Partnership) last Tuesday I was really nervous because my level of English is not very good and I thought that would not go well and they would not understand me, but I was wrong. The colleague were very likeable and patient with me. I feel very good and relaxed. My mentor Gemma is very sweet and patient with me because I'm always asking questions. I like this working relationship because they always laughing!

Last Saturday I visit Brixham harbour, it’s a beautiful place. I went for a walk along the harbour and take a lot of photos. After dinner of fish and chips, we returned with ferry. At night we went to a pub with Spanish people and met the other students groups from other countries.


Next day we went shopping in Exeter with Laura and Helena; when finish shopping we went to the coffee shop for lunch. In the evening we caught a bus and returned home. 

I stay for nine weeks in Torquay and I'm very happy because it's a good experience because I learn English and know people from different countries and news places. I recommend this travel! 



No comments:

Post a Comment