Friday 5 February 2016

Lina...my first trip to England!


One of our students, Lina from Germany, is leaving us this weekend. She was working at the English Riviera Magazine and has had a great time here in Torbay. This is her first impression of England!

Ok, so first of all, I didn't realise we were in England until I met my hostfather. The time before I just felt tired of the long journey and hungry because I forgot to take food with me... The school organised our internship. So I didn't know what I should expect. The 10 hours journey left me feeling exhausted and I just wanted to sleep.
The moment I realised, I was in England I was also overwhelmed by nearly every impression I got. Everyone was talking English... that was so confusing... and the cars were driving on the wrong side!!!... but no one cared about that... Those were such too much influences on a small and tired girl like me!
But my host family was really nice and open minded. They showed us everything we needed and made us really delicious food.

My internship was exciting too. My workplacement was in the editorial office of a local Magazine. Even the first day, I was allowed to write articles for them, which will also be published. But because my adapter for my laptop didn't worked, I just worked until the juice of it was empty and the laptop turned off. Without a laptop, there wasn't any work for me, so I was allowed to go home then. But even if my first day of internship was just very short, I enjoyed it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment