Friday 8 April 2016

My time in Torquay – an unforgettable experience

In February, TTPL welcomed Alba – a Business Management Degree student from Valencia. Here's Alba's take on her first two months in Torquay:



Do you want to work in a foreign country and learn a different language too? If you think about this for too long maybe it will seem hard, but the experience is unforgettable! Let me tell you about my short experience…

I’m a Spanish girl and I arrived in Torquay last February. I remember when I said goodbye to my parents in the airport and I was very confused about the new area that I would live in for five months.

My first days in a new country were a bit odd because I had to know new places and talk in a different language, but here the people are very kind and they try to help you if they can. Nevertheless you make a daily habit quickly!

Since I started my internship at TTPL I feel well received and every day they help me to improve my English. Furthermore, when I go to my new home, I spend a lot of time talking with my host family.

During my first two months here, I have had many experiences and visited lots of different places, and I can say that it is amazing! At the moment, I’ve visited lots of places near Torquay, and if you want to take beautiful photos and spend all day around nature, I recommend you that visit Berry Head in Brixham, it’s really nice!




I decided to come here because I want to learn more English and understand different cultures and work habits in another country. Before I arrived, I thought that it maybe was a difficult adaptation, nevertheless now I can say this is a tremendous opportunity to grow and meet new people

No comments:

Post a Comment