Friday 15 April 2016

An English student's view

In the midst of GCSE revision, English student Tommy took the initiative to organise work experience with TTPL during his Easter break – we’re very impressed!



Hello everyone,

My name is Tommy and I’m a year 11 student at Torquay Boys’ Grammar School. At this time I’m standing only four weeks away from the most important exams of my life so far. I found work experience at TTPL because of my school and the careers day that we had to look at possible options for the future.

I am, from what I’m told, a rare English student who was lucky enough to have work experience at TTPL. I’ve spent my two weeks off during the Easter holidays working in the TTPL office, and even though this meant I had next to no days off throughout Easter, due to work experience and extensive amounts of revision, I am glad I have had this opportunity. 

Unlike most other students, I didn’t quite have the large experience over the two weeks as I did not have to travel across Europe or stay with a host family. However, this did not take away from my experience at TTPL.

Throughout the two weeks I learned many new skills and had the chance to work with a very friendly, funny and hard-working team. It has been a genuine pleasure to work for them over these two weeks and they have made me look forward to my future time in the working world. I would just like to say a big thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome during my work experience.

To anyone reading this who is considering coming to England through TTPL, you will not have a better group of people looking after you when you are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment