Friday 20 May 2016

Making the most of weekends



German student Annika has packed a great deal into 5 weeks with TTPL. With just four weekends to discover the area, there were certainly no quiet days. Here’s Annika’s story of her action-packed first weekend in England:

Saturday: 

At 5:30am my alarm rang far too early but I had to wake up. I planned to visit Bath and Bristol in one day with Julia - a lovely girl from France who became my best friend during my time in England.

Our train was set to leave at 7.00am. Julia and I were both really tired. However when we got on the train, riding along the coast with the sun shining in our faces woke us up and got us excited for the day ahead.

Bath


Bath Abbey

After a 2 hour journey we arrived in Bath.  We had a quiet little walk through the empty streets of Bath, taking photos and talking, then had a nice coffee in the sun.

Julia and I decided to join a free guided tour. The meeting point was outside Bath Abbey and luckily our tour guide was a very funny older man.

Every corner we turned there was something interesting and we were always the last to move on. The tour guide smirked, “Are you ready Germany and France?” The photo opportunities couldn’t be missed – even if the tour took 3 hours!

After a proper lunch at one of the cafes in Bath, our journey continued to Bristol.









































Bristol

At 3:00pm we arrived at the Bristol Temple Meads station which looks similar to an old castle.

Cabot Tower
As the sun was shining the whole day we were in a really good mood and felt motivated to walk around Bristol. First we had a look at Bristol’s Cathedral and then we moved on to see the Bristol Museum & Art Gallery and decided then to go to a platform called Cabot Tower where we had an amazing view of Bristol.

As the time was flying, we continued with our plans and headed across the Clifton Bridge - no sooner said than done!

When we arrived at Clifton Bridge, we couldn’t believe how incredible it was - we were so impressed! I would recommend it to everyone because we couldn’t imagine how huge and extravagant the bridge looked. At 7:00pm it was time to go home.


Clifton Bridge
After this day I was so happy and I went to bed with so many memories and lingering images of the different places going around my head, it was remarkable.


Sunday: 

On Sunday we were tired from our trip so we relaxed on Babbacombe beach with a little picnic followed by a stroll around the seaside.

Babbacombe beach

My first amazing weekend in England had now reached its end and I could not be more excited for what the following weekends could be holding for me.


1 comment: