Friday 24 July 2015

Make Ideas Happen - Marta's Blog.

Only three words: Make Ideas Happen. It's amazing how words can change things. Only three words written in a picture that I hung in the dining room of my flat. And six months after hanging that picture, I landed in England. One-way ticket, no return. 

Now I look at it in perspective, almost four months after arriving in Torbay, and I am aware that my life is a chain of challenges. Every time I pass a challenge, every time I show myself that I am strong enough to overcome it, I have to chain the following link, the next challenge. To do this, you need to believe in yourself. Only then you can turn wishes into challenges, into links in the chain. Make Ideas Happen. Make wishes are challenges.
Those three words caused me to take a decision in early January: living in England. In two months I sold all my furniture, lamps, cutlery, dishes, everything. There were so many things that I no longer needed! I sold everything except that picture, which I left at my mother's home. I left my flat in Barcelona and asked for an unpaid leave at work. Finally everything was ready.  

I still remember that feeling when I get off at the train station in Paignton for the first time, where I stayed the early days. I walked down the main street and I said to myself: "Marta, this is where you will live from now on. This is not one of your trips. This is your home."

If I'm honest, I miss that picture. It is important to have around what inspires us more.

Do not forget to chain your next link, your new challenge. There is a link that I think all of us, all those who came to Devon, share: improving our English. Just work to get it. As Audrey Hepburn said: "Nothing is impossible, the word Itself says 'I'm possible'!"
 Marta

No comments:

Post a Comment