Monday 20 July 2015

Two is better than one!

 Hi everybody! My name is Giulia De Vendictis and I’m one of the TTPL Student Ambassador. I’m graduated in Economics and Management and I’m attending the Master’s course in Business Consultancy at the LUISS Guido Carli University of Rome.
With this short blog, I would like to tell you something about my two (yes, two!) summer internships in Torquay
Two years ago I have already been to Torquay for three weeks to do my first work experience ever: I’ve worked for Essential 6 as Administration Assistant. The reason why I’ve chosen to come here was that I wanted to improve my English and to start experiencing a real business environment at the same time. Nowadays it is really important - for being competitive in the job market - to have fluent English and a good Curriculum Vitae, and I think that doing an internship abroad is the best way to reach these goals.
Actually, I’m working at the Southwest Polymer Supplies as Business Assistant and this time I will stay here longer: two months! I like this job because I often go to meetings with my boss and I’m doing business planning. The worst part is doing market research on the web, but I’m happy to because I didn’t know the Plastic Industries field so, even if I repeat the same task a lot of times, I can understand everytime a little more than before.
What is changed during this two years in Torquay? On Friday and Saturday nights people don’t meet anymore at the little beach near the Living Coast Zoo & Aquarium (unfortunately - because I had a lot of fun there) before going to Park Lane and Mambo’s, now they prefer to meet up under the big wheel. Furthermore, there weren’t Student Ambassadors to help students.
What has remained the same? The Green Ginger is always the favourite place to have a drink with friends and the student meetings are the best way to meet new friends.
Thanks to the first experience, I was able to meet a lot of new friends from all over the word and I’m continuing to keep in touch with some of them (even after two years!!). I’m sure that this time will be the same.
Enjoy your stay! I definitely will!!

Giulia De Vendictis

No comments:

Post a Comment