Wednesday 24 September 2014

Andra - Romanian trainee in the United Kingdom

Hello,

I was an intern for 3 months at Unit Seven in South Devon. I am a student of the Romanian – American University and I am studying Domestic and International Business, Banking and Finance.

My work at Unit Seven consisted of helping the various businesses, members of the creative bureau, to improve their social media presence and help, from a marketing point of view, in other areas of the business.

The 3 months I’ve spent as an intern for Unit Seven were lovely. The work placement offered me the opportunity to deal with totally new tasks and a completely different working environment than what I have experienced so far in Bucharest, Romania.



I have met wonderful professionals that contributed greatly to my professional and personal development, my colleagues made me feel part of the team the minute I joined and I was really happy to feel that my work was appreciated.

In addition, my social life in Torquay was sustained by the weekly student meetings organized by The Training Partnership and the trips we’ve done on our own. I met many lovely people from all around the world and I am sure I will keep contact with most of them. The United Kingdom is a lovely country, London was an amazing adventure, being a noob to the city, and the people are really great.  




Overall, I believe this experience had a major impact on my life and I will never forget it. Working abroad transmutes one’s perspective on life and lets you realize that you’re adaptable everywhere so the world is yours.

“What gives value to travel is fear. It is the fact that, at a certain moment, when we are so far from our own country…we are seized by a vague fear, and an instinctive desire to go back to the protection of old habits. This is the most obvious benefit of travel. "Travel, which is like a greater and graver science, brings us back to ourselves.”

Albert Camus, Exile and the Kingdom

Andra
x

No comments:

Post a Comment