Tuesday 9 September 2014

Words from Nacho!

Words from Nacho - aka John Ricon.

John was a great character here at TTPL and he has sent us a lovely blog about his time here - WE MISS YOU! He even brought us Home made soaps on his leaving day! awww :)



Nacho's Story!

When I was offered this experience in the UK, my expectations couldn't be higher. The idea of getting work experience in an English speaking country motivated me a lot, since being abroad is one of the most thrilling things for me to do. And after having completed it, I must say it did not disappointing me, but quite the opposite: both my work placement –LAL Torbay– and the Training Partnership made my time in England amazing.

The variety of tasks at LAL helped me learn a lot from a professional perspective. I was a student at language schools abroad five times, so I was able to totally put myself in students' shoes and understand them. Therefore, it made me so happy to have the chance to help them, and also to widen my experience at language schools, this time from the other side, not being a student anymore, but a member of the school staff. I also found the internship really amazing due to the magnificent treatment I received from the staff members, who were so friendly, patient, and willing to help.



TTPL weekly Student Meetings happened to be the most enjoyable moment of the week. The fact they were every Thursday made the working week seem shorter. The big variety of activities we had, from cultural visits to barbecues and sports evenings, were a perfect way to interact with the TTPL staff members and other students and trainees, as well as a way to make new international friends. I also appreciate the chances I had to visit London on the one-day trips TTPL organized.


To conclude, I would like to say I really appreciate the experience I had and thank TTPL for the great treatment they gave me.



THANK You Nacho and good luck in your next adventure!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, TTPL Staff & Students, for this absolutely amazing experience. I miss you all!

    ReplyDelete