Thursday 18 September 2014

Laia's Story


My Time in England,

After finishing my Energies Engineering Degree last year, I decided that could be advantageous for me, to spend four months in an English speaking country to improve my English and to have my first work experience related with my degree.

My work experience overcame all my expectations. I worked in an engineering company in Totnes and it was absolutely beneficial for me. I was able to work as a project assistant on different projects that were underway. My colleagues were very thoughtful with me and they spent some time to explain me the operation of the project so that I could get new knowledge.

Another really important part of my stay in Torbay was my host family. They were absolutely kind and nowadays we still keep in touch. They made me feel like at home and it was also a great way to improve my speech.


But best of my stay in England, is all the people I've met (French, German, Belgian, Swedish, Italian, Catalan and English!) The best day of the week was Thursday, because it was student meeting day!!! We spent a wonderful afternoon with different kind of activities (cultural visits, bowling, barbeques, cinema...). It was a great way to meet with people from different countries to practice your English and have a good time together.


After the student meeting, drinking a beer or a cider, we decided what we will do on the weekend. We took the train or the bus and we were visiting the whole Torbay zone or even a little further! Totnes, Darmouth, Plymouth, Brixham, Exeter, Bath, Stonehenge and a little trail for the Jurassic coast!




To sum up, one of the best experiences I've ever had in a foreign country and all thanks to the wonderful TTPL team who made it possible, overcoming all my expectations.

Laia

No comments:

Post a Comment